A leading investment bank with a strong leveraged finance franchise is looking for a business facing credit risk analyst. The role will include underwriting debt financing in connection with leveraged buy-outs, acquisitions, and refinancing, loan participations as well as credit lines for the derivatives business. This role includes term sheet negotiations and facing off to bankers and relationship managers.
|Job Title||Credit Risk Leverage Finance|
• Analysing transactions and actively looking at mitigating risk.
• Actively driving the approval process from inception to completion for:
o Underwritten transactions, loan participations, and ‘flow’ transaction.
• Performing counterparty credit analysis and attending due diligence meetings.
• Proactively analysing and challenging cash flow and liquidity analysis, sector concentrations and sensitivities, collateral and enterprise valuations.
• Following robust regulatory guidelines to make sure the credit information is captured accurately in systems and can withstand regulatory scrutiny.
• Challenging and reviewing internal risk ratings and SNC ratings assigned to capturing credit risk over time.
• Evidencing a robust assessment of existing credit exposure through quarterly and annual monitoring reports.
• Monitoring and identifying deteriorating credits and actively engaging with the workout department to handle problem credits and/or workout situations.
• Reporting portfolio metrics for the purpose of management oversight.
• Experience of working in a major investment bank covering leveraged finance and other sub-investment grade lending this may be as an originator, credit risk analyst, modeller etc.
• Solid experience in analysing corporates.
• Familiarity with leveraged loans, investment-grade loans, swaps and FX.
• Working across teams and functions to proactively reach a common goal.
• Valuing different perspectives; creating an inclusive environment; valuing and leveraging diversity; being sensitive to other cultures.
• Good communications skills, both oral and written.
• Knowledge of LMA documentations, ISDAs, CSAs, netting, and credit mitigating features.
• Team oriented, flexible, diligent, and self-motivated.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Fluent in English, both written and oral. Other European language is desirable, but not a requirement.
• Good knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.