A leading Investment Bank is recruiting for a strong desk facing emerging markets risk manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic risk department.
|Job Title||Emerging Markets Risk Manager|
The successful candidate will work in Market Risk supporting the Emerging markets trading businesses in New York. Primary coverage will be Latin American markets. Products include equity, FX, interest rates derivatives, FX options, interest rate options, government and local currency Corp bonds, as well as interest rates structure products.
1. Monitoring of market risk positions with the aim to identify material risks, concentrations and tail risks to ensure no surprise.
2. Conduct ad hoc risk scenario analysis for and respond to urgent requests from senior risk and trading management.
3. Understand the factors that drive the risk and P&L on the books, follow market movement/activities affecting positions, highlight and discuss risk
changes and top risks.
4. Assist in limit escalations and monitor key control processes.
5. Improve risk transparency, methodologies and reports by conducting deep-dives on various basis risks, curve risks, specific structure risks etc.
6. Coordinate with other groups and technology on projects relating to market risk, VaR, stress, risk reporting and interact extensively with technology support teams relating to methodology and infrastructure changes and improvements.
Skills and Experience
1. Minimum Bachelors degree, previous market risk management experience preferred.
2. Strong knowledge of financial markets (Latin America markets preferred) and interest rate products, including derivatives.
3. Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Must be able to converse with a wide variety of groups.
4. Deep sense of accountability and able to work independently with limited supervision.
5. Innovative, able to think out of the box and make clear recommendations.
6. Strong analytical skills and highly numerate. Sound understanding of quantitative concepts relating to risk sensitivity, P&L explain, VaR and stress testing.
7. Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines.
8. Superior Excel and Access skills including VBA and SQL programming.
9. Strong team player.